Lamia is specialized in developing demanding digital services and integrations utilizing agile methods. At Lamia, your frontend development tasks mostly focus on browser-based software development and UI development. You build features utilizing selected technologies and get to develop your own know-how in the backend with modules and plugins.
Frontend Developer (Krakow)
Lamia is looking for frontend developers to create seamless customer experiences together with our design team and backend developers.
We develop high-performance Vue applications, headless eCommerce solutions and cloud-native microservices. In our projects, we widely utilize the capabilities from Google Cloud, Magento 2 and Contentful. When it comes to architectures we prefer modularity which guarantees the scalability of the solutions. For us it is important to build modern digital services with modern tools - we do not necessarily base our work on any specific technology or hang on to legacy systems - instead we prefer the MACH approach: microservices, APIs, cloud-native and headless. This allows us to develop future-proof solutions for our customers while making them developer-friendly and efficient to build, expand and develop further.
You are either a pro with already a couple of years’ experience under your belt or a junior talent ready to learn and grow. As a frontend developer at Lamia, you’ll get to join our ambitious developer team that together solves our customers’ projects and continuously develops our expertise.
What we wish from you
- Experience in software development. We value if you understand JS as a language and are familiar with modern JS frameworks such as Vue (Nuxt JS)
- Strong knowledge of CSS, for example, Sass, experience in BEM naming convention and building responsive sites
- Experience in programming, especially in object-oriented programming. We use PHP extensively in our projects but experience in e.g. Java, C++, Scala or Kotlin is also beneficial
- Linux and/or macOS knowhow
- You have a solid knowledge of version control practices. You will work in a development team where good quality commit messages and thorough pull request reviews are highly valued
- Efficient time management and organization skills
- Good team and communications skills
- Good English
We count as a plus:
- GraphQL knowhow
- Experience with Contentful or similar solution
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Drupal
As a member of our development team:
- You’ll get a mentor who will help you to get to know the Lamia culture and guide you with the details of your projects and tasks
- You'll work in close collaboration with our backend, frontend developers, project managers and designers
- You’ll get to work on diverse and challenging customer projects
- We are not set in our ways but want to continuously develop our ways of working and our working environment.
- You’ll get to experience the supportive and open atmosphere of Lamia where there are no stupid questions
- You can enjoy our flexible working hours and state-of-the-art working equipment
- You’ll have flexibility in choosing your preferred software for your own work
- We offer cookies and coffee to fuel the development work
- You can participate in Tech Meetups, hackathons and other events organized by our developers
What we offer
- Flexible working hours (our core hours 10-14)
- Flexibility to work remotely if preferred
- Training budget (certifications, courses, English lessons etc.)
- Four extra days off - Midsummer and Finland Independence Day + Great Friday and Christmas Eve
- Private medical care at Luxmed
- Lunch benefit
- Snacks & coffee & tea at the office
- Referral and bonus program
- And a lot of fun with your fellow Lamiateers!
Our agile working methods do not entail any unnecessary bureaucracy in order to concentrate all our energy on the essential – working. When we get the right talent in the door, we make sure their planned career paths become a reality. Our employees enjoy working at Lamia which is reflected as high employee satisfaction and as exceptional employee retention.
If this caught your interest and you would like to join our team, please apply from the link below. Additional information regarding the position is available from Jarmo Krohns +358 50 569 6043 / email@example.com (You could contact via WhatsApp). We will fill this position as soon as we find a suitable candidate.
During the past 10 years Lamia has grown without external investments to an ecom field technology leader, staying profitable throughout its existence. Our 100 experts build digital services for some of the most interesting companies in the Nordics such as St1, Yliopiston Apteekki, Luhta and Paulig. We are a long-term partner for our customers providing high-quality digital solutions and eCommerce services all the way from strategy to design and from software development to data services and growth marketing.
Starting from November 2021, Lamia joined the HiQ family. HiQ International is a leading technology consulting company in Northern Europe. www.hiq.se
If you want to hear more about joining the Lamia team, we are happy to discuss with you - contact us anytime!