Lamia is specialized in developing demanding digital services, eCommerce solutions, integrations and data solutions utilizing agile methods. As a backend developer at Lamia, you’ll get to develop solutions for our customers in close cooperation with designers, cloud engineers, growth marketing specialists and project managers.
Backend Developer (Krakow)
Do you get a buzz from developing seamless backend solutions? Are integrations, APIs and microservices your thing? As Lamia’s backend developer you will be a part of an ambitious team that solves our customers’ projects together and continuously develops their know-how.
We develop high-performance Vue applications, headless eCommerce solutions and cloud-native microservices. In our projects, we widely utilize the capabilities from Google Cloud, Magento 2 and Contentful. When it comes to architectures we prefer modularity which guarantees the scalability of the solutions. For us it is important to build modern digital services with modern tools - we do not necessarily base our work on any specific technology or hang on to legacy systems - instead we prefer the MACH approach: microservices, APIs, cloud-native and headless. This allows us to develop future-proof solutions for our customers while making them developer-friendly and efficient to build, expand and develop further.
Your job will include developing eCommerce software, microservices and new features with the best technologies based on the customer case needs. We offer challenging projects and knowledgeable colleagues with whom you’ll get to solve the challenges together.
What we wish from you:
- Most of all personal interest and passion towards coding – you thrive on code and solving even the trickiest of logical puzzles
- 2+ years of experience with PHP
- Experience with RDBMS
- Solid knowledge of design patterns
- Linux knowhow
- Knowledge of CI/CD and Docker
- Solid knowledge of version control practices. You will work in a development team where good quality commit messages and thorough pull request reviews are highly valued
- Interest to work with Google Cloud solutions such as Storage, BigQuery, Datastore, PubSub, Dataflow, Kubernetes
- Time management and organizational skills
- Good team and communication skills
- You’re ready to help others and open to constructive feedback
- Good English
We count as a plus:
- Experience with Magento 2 or any other e-commerce framework/platform
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with other programming languages, like: TypeScript (NodeJS), Python, Java, C#, Kotlin
- interest towards microservices and their architecture
- GraphQL knowledge
- basic skills in frontend development (JS/CSS/HTML)
As a member of our development team:
- You’ll get a mentor who will help you to get to know the Lamia culture and guide you with the details of your projects and tasks
- You'll work in close collaboration with our backend, frontend developers, project managers and designers
- You’ll get to work on diverse and challenging customer projects
- We are not set in our ways but want to continuously develop our ways of working and our working environment.
- You’ll get to experience the supportive and open atmosphere of Lamia where there are no stupid questions
- You can enjoy our flexible working hours and state-of-the-art working equipment
- You’ll have flexibility in choosing your preferred software for your own work
- We offer cookies and coffee to fuel the development work
- You can participate in Tech Meetups, hackathons and other events organized by our developers
What we offer
- Flexible working hours (our core hours 10-14)
- Flexibility to work remotely if preferred
- Training budget (certifications, courses, English lessons etc.)
- Four extra days off - Midsummer and Finland Independence Day + Great Friday and Christmas Eve
- Private medical care at Luxmed
- Lunch benefit
- Snacks & coffee & tea at the office
- Referral and bonus program
- And a lot of fun with your fellow Lamiateers!
Our agile working methods do not entail any unnecessary bureaucracy in order to concentrate all our energy on the essential – working. When we get the right talent in the door, we make sure their planned career paths become a reality. Our employees enjoy working at Lamia which is reflected as high employee satisfaction and as exceptional employee retention.
If this caught your interest and you would like to join our team, please apply from the link below. Additional information regarding the position is available from Jarmo Krohns +358 50 569 6043 / email@example.com (You could contact via WhatsApp). We will fill this position as soon as we find a suitable candidate.
During the past 10 years Lamia has grown without external investments to an ecom field technology leader, staying profitable throughout its existence. Our 100 experts build digital services for some of the most interesting companies in the Nordics such as St1, Yliopiston Apteekki, Luhta and Paulig. We are a long-term partner for our customers providing high-quality digital solutions and eCommerce services all the way from strategy to design and from software development to data services and growth marketing.
Starting from November 2021, Lamia joined the HiQ family. HiQ International is a leading technology consulting company in Northern Europe. www.hiq.se
If you want to hear more about joining the Lamia team, we are happy to discuss with you - contact us anytime!