Lamia is specialized in demanding digital services, ecommerce solutions and integrations utilizing agile methods. In this role your tasks entail frontend web development and UI work. You build features utilizing different technologies and you will also get to dive into the backend side of things with modules and plug in solutions. With your expertise you are able to help the whole team, share insights to other developers and contribute to even large scale projects in a very tangible manner and with insightful applications. Depending on your expertise, experience and interests we also offer you the chance to take more responsibility, developing our operations and practices on a wider scale.
Senior Frontend Developer
We are looking for experienced frontend developers to build impeccable customer experiences together with our service designers and backend developers. You'll be a part of our ambitious team solving problems and building solutions for customers while developing our own expertise along the way.
What we wish from you
- Several years' experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of CSS, for example Sass, experience in BEM naming convention and building responsive sites
- Experience in programming, especially in object-oriented programming. We use PHP extensively in our projects but experience in e.g. Java, C++, Scala or Kotlin is also beneficial
- Linux and macOS knowhow
- GraphQL knowhow
- You have a solid knowledge of version control practices. You will work in a developer team where good quality commit messages and thorough pull request reviews are highly valued
- Efficient time management and organization skills
- Good team and communications skills
As a member of our development team:
- You'll work in close collaboration with our backend and frontend developers, data scientists and project managers.
- You'll get to work on diverse and challenging customer projects. You'll have say in which projects you'll be part of.
- You'll get a mentor who will help you to get to know the Lamia culture and guide you with the details of your projects and tasks
- We are not set in our ways but want to continuously develop our ways of working and our working environment.
- You'll get to experience the supportive and open atmosphere of Lamia where there are no stupid questions and development ideas are encouraged.
- You can enjoy our flexible working hours and state-of-the-art working equipment
- You'll have flexibility in choosing your preferred software for your own work.
- Depending on your expertise, qualities and wishes we can build you a career path towards e.g. a technology lead, a team lead or some other role.
- We offer the cookies and coffee to fuel the development work
- You can participate in Tech Meetups, hackathons and and other events organized by our developers
What we offer
We work in agile methods without any unnecessary bureaucracy. That's how we can concentrate all our energy to the essential – working. When we get the right talent in the door, we make sure their planned career paths become a reality. Our employees enjoy working at Lamia which is reflected as high employee satisfaction and as exceptional employee retention.
We offer a brand new office in the city center of Helsinki, modern working equipment, good ergonomics, comprehensive occupational health care and phone, lunch and recreational benefits, not to mention a superb atmosphere. In addition, we have compensation models to reward for commitment to our company.
If this caught your interest and you would like to join our team, please contact us. Additional information regarding the position is available from Jarmo Krohns +358 50 569 6043 / email@example.com. You can send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will fill this position as soon as we find a suitable candidate.
Founded in 2012 Lamia has succeeded in building a fast growth path without external investments, staying profitable throughout our existence. We are 100 experts building digital services for some of the most interesting companies in Finland such as St1, Yliopiston Apteekki, Luhta and Verifone. We are a long-term partner for our customers providing high quality digital solutions and ecommerce services all the way from strategy to design and from software development to data services and growth marketing.
We develop high performance Vue applications, headless ecommerce solutions and cloud native microservices. In our projects we widely utilize the capabilities from Google Cloud, Magento 2 and Contentful. When it comes to architectures we prefer modularity which guarantees the scalability of the solutions. For us it is important to build modern digital services with modern tools - we do not necessarily base our work on any specific technology or hang on to legacy systems - instead we prefer the MACH approach: microservices, APIs, cloud native and headless. This allows us to develop future-proof solutions for our customers while making them developer-friendly and efficient to build, expand and develop further.
If you want to hear more about joining the Lamia team, we are happy to discuss with you - contact us anytime!
We are now looking for
There's nothing here!